Friday, June 27, 2014

PiYo Test Review!

PiYo is here!  I was so excited to get my hands on this new workout system from Chalene Johnson.  I've always found her to be really motivating, straight forward and just a great instructor.

PiYo and it is a hybrid of pilates and yoga.  What does that mean? It means it's HIGH INTENSITY WITHOUT BEING HIGH IMPACT! So if you're someone who doesn't like all the jumping of other cardio programs or you have SORE JOINTS, MUSCLES, BACKS AND BODIES... This program is made for you! You will be building Strength and Flexibility and absolutely KILLING calories just by using your own body weight!

The first workout I tried out was "Sweat".  And yes, I did sweat!  It was 35 minutes of flexibility, core, strength and power moves.  I loved it!  And I was feeling it afterwards too.  But in a good way.  :)  My muscles felt challenged and slightly sore.  But not like I had been beat up...that's never a good feeling!




Today I did the Upper Body workout.  I will tell you that my core was worked just as much!  And I know I will be feeling this one too.  Yes, there are pushups and triceps pushups involved, but don't let those scare you off.  You can modify them like all the other moves and the workout is not only based on pushups.  I hear ya, they're not my favorite either but they do deliver results!!



I look like I'm concentrating pretty hard here...oh wait.  I was!  A yoga mat is all that's needed and of course your water.  :)  I love how every move can easily be modified - and the modifier is right there so any fitness level can do the moves and continue to get stronger.  Feels amazing.  The Upper Body workout is listed as 35 mins but this should make anyone happy...that's a little error and really it's about 18 minutes!  A short workout that will strengthen and stretch your entire body?  Like!  Like it a lot!

If you have any questions about what PiYo is all about or if it's right for you, send me an email or contact me through Facebook!   www.facebook.com/marci.gabor.5


No comments:

Post a Comment