Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Very first post! And an introduction

Today marks the very first day of my journey to become a Beachbody coach.  Can I do it?  Will I succeed?  I don't know but I'm willing to take a risk and find out.  Health, fitness and clean eating are all huge passions of mine so I thought I would take the plunge and try sharing my passion with others.  What many people do not know about me is that I earned my BA in Physical Education.  Surprise!  I very clearly remember going to all the under-grad classes being BORED off my you-know-what.  Probably many people are.  But I felt kind of lost.  I had no idea what I wanted to do and what the remainder of my college years would look like.  Again, like many other college students I gained that dreaded freshman 15.  Maybe it was 10 for me, but I'm short and whatever...it was a lot of added pounds!  Rice swimming in butter, late night snacks, parties...you get the picture.  The last semester of my freshman year I knew I had to get things under control.  All the stairs at school were killing me!  I was huffing and puffing and felt really out of shape.  I decided to enroll in a low-impact aerobics class.  At first, I couldn't stand it!  I just felt awkward and I ended up just kind of goofing around with my friends more than getting in a workout.  But as the weeks went on, my friends dropped out and I stuck with it.  I was really starting to feel better and I also took better control over what I was eating.  I was actually enjoying the workouts!  And I adored my instructor.  Working out, going to fitness classes and concentrating on what foods I was eating became all that really excited me about college life - the social aspect too, of course.  :)  Then I found out that my school had a program through the Phys. Ed department where you could learn about entering the Corporate Fitness field.  Lightbulb!  So that's what I did and ended up working in that field for a few years after I graduated.  I taught group exercise classes, became ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine) certified and designed fitness and nutrition programs.  Then this icky thing called $$$ got in the way and life changes, and I found myself at a desk job in the corporate world.  If you are still here reading, thank you!  Come join my journey!!

Fast forward to several years later and I cancelled a gym membership I had had forever and started working out at home.  I have been doing the FIRM dvd's for years and have loved them.  Many of them are 45-60 minutes long and pre-kids that was fine but after my daughter was born over 5 years ago I've had to scale down my workout time.  I never quite got my body back to where I wanted it after Brynn was born but I was close enough to be in most of my clothes and happy enough.  After Gavin was born in June 2012, I was really scared that I would NEVER get my body back or even close to where I wanted it.  One of my best friends had told me not to worry, that I would be too busy to eat!  I thought, no way!  I always find time to eat!!  She was right and the weight came off faster than I had expected.  A year later and I was still sticking to my workouts on average 5 days a week.  I was wearing jeans and clothes that I thought I would never get into again...and now they were loose!  I was pretty easily maintaining a weight of about 116-118 (I'm 5'1") and I felt great. 

Then back in October 2013 I realized that maybe it was time to step it up a notch.  I started looking into other programs but was intimidated by workouts like Insanity or P90X because of the time commitment.  But, wait!  Then I came across T25 and it sounded perfect.

Purchased, received and I hit play for the first time on October 22.  OMG.  I thought I might vomit.  Seriously the toughest workout I have ever done.  Shaun T.  Good Lord.  Ass kicking in a major way.  But I was hooked.  Totally hooked! 

I started at 117lbs and today I weighed 113.5.  I have never, ever seen that weight in my adult life.  I have abs really starting to show now.  I am no longer near-vomit when I workout, but they aren't really getting easy either.  Since I completed T25, I am currently doing a hybrid schedule of T25 and P90X3.  Love the two combined!!

Then one early morning, I had another one of those light bulb moments.  At 3am.  Why didn't that light bulb come on at say, 9am??  This light bulb was glaring me in the face saying, "gee Marci.  You love to workout.  You love the feeling of eating healthy.  You have been asked for advice and tips before.  You have a degree in this, for goodness sakes!  What if, just what if you took that passion and put it to work?  There is this thing called a Beachbody coach.  Look into it."  That's pretty much the gist of my light bulb moment.

So here I am today, trying to follow my second light bulb moment. 






No comments:

Post a Comment