Thursday, November 21, 2013

What I'm Eating - Wednesday Edition!

Pictures speak louder than words, right?  So I thought I'd put together a day's worth of healthy eats for everyone to see.  And wow.  I thought my phone had a pretty good camera on it.  Ok, it does but maybe I'm an awful photographer.  So please be kind with the horrible pictures and maybe someday I'll upgrade to a big-girl camera.

Pre-workout meal is coffee with unsweetened almond milk, stevia and 10 almonds.  This was taken at about 5:40 am and it's really dark in our kitchen!
 Breakfast is frozen mixed berries, nuked.  Plop of non-fat Greek yogurt on top with a sprinkle of stevia.  Next door is a hard boiled egg.  Eating this at work so hello to my lovely co-workers!  Yes, for reallies I'm working back here!!  :)
 
Lunch is a huge salad. Hidden underneath are some cooked green beans and broccoli. Lots of mixed greens, sliced chicken breast on the left and garbanzo beans on top. The red stuff on the right is Sriracha. I usually don't do any dressing but the Sriracha adds plenty of flavor.
 
Afternoon snack was coffee (same as pre-workout, not pictured).  And then had a sliced apple with chocolate gluc pudding.  I'll go into details on what this funky stuff is later!
 
Dinner around our house is pretty chaotic.  With a toddler and a 5 year old, we are rarely all eating at the same time much less even sitting down to eat!  We try, we do the best we can.  So this dinner was a pretty typical plate of everything thrown together and I actually did get to sit down and eat!  Cooked carrots, scrambled egg, tofu and a whole mess of spaghetti squash.  1/4 of a sliced avocado on the side.  A little dab of Sriracha made it's way onto my plate after I took the picture. 

After dinner I had more gluc pudding and honestly was still hungry.  I was really tired so I just brushed my teeth and went to bed.  I should have had some more almonds or a small banana before bed.  I hate being hungry!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment