Thursday, April 10, 2014

The Love that is Shaun T and T25

Many of you that know me know that I have been working out in some way for many years.  I belonged to a gym for years and like all the other worker bees, I would get there after work and try to get in a good workout.  Sometimes I would spend 30 minutes just driving around looking for a parking place!  Drove me crazy!  After I moved to a neighborhood and a new job where the nearest 24 Hour Fitness just wasn't around, I decided to quit the gym.  I didn't really know what I was going to do, but I knew enough about sticking with a fitness program that if it's not convenient, it's just not going to happen.

I remembered seeing an informercial about the FIRM on tv and decided to look into it.  These looked like other normal women getting into shape at home!  I can do that!  A lot of them were moms that needed to fit something into their busy schedules, and even though I didn't have kids at the time, finding something that didn't take up 1-2 hours was just fine with me.  At the gym, I was either doing an hour step class or cardio and weights for 1 - 1.5 hours.  And let's just say that my results were not all that great.  Anyways, I decided to order the FIRM and to my amazement I really liked it!  It was challenging at first but I stuck with it and had better results than I had ever had with gym workouts.

Over the years I built up my FIRM library and I now have many, many DVDs.  After Gavin was about a year old, I decided that I needed to step things up a notch.  Going back to the gym was now not even on my radar and having the convenience of working out at home was key.  I had seen all the informercials for Insanity and started to look into it, but man!  Those are long workouts!  I knew I needed something different (and shorter!) and that's how I came upon T25.  It looked too good to be true!  Motivating workouts from the same creator as Insanity, RESULTS, and in only 25 minutes?  No way.  But I was intrigued and kept reading page after page of glowing reviews on Amazon and Beachbody.  Done.  Ordered!

The first workout I did was Alpha Cardio and I was just following the workout calendar.  O M G.  I seriously thought I was going to vomit.  I thought I was in pretty decent shape but this kicked my you-know-what in a major way.  What in the world did I sign up for???  But I kept at it and I kept struggling, but soon the struggling was a little less and soon I could tell I was getting stronger and my endurance was improving.  For the first time ever after working out for all these years, I DID take my before pictures.  And I'm so glad I did.  The results blew me away.  I knew I had lost some weight, but the scale never tells the full picture.  It honestly wasn't until I saw my before and after pictures that I fully realized how my body had changed.  Changes that I had never been able to make before...even when I was much younger and even before having two kids.  I got it.  Now I understood why so many people love this program!  It was because of the results I was having with T25 that inspired me to become a Beachbody coach.  What if I could spread the word about this amazing program, Shakeology and all of the other amazing programs that can be done at home?  What if I can help lead others to their health and fitness goals through an online fitness group, just like the one that I participated?  Well, pretty darn cool.

My after picture was taken in December 2013.  I have added in other Beachbody programs into the mix and love them.  But T25 continues to be my #1 favorite.  You're busy just like me.  You want results just like I do.  You want to be motivated and engaged in a fun workout?  Yep, me too.  This is it!  You will not be disappointed in the love that is Shaun T and T25.  And earning a free t shirt?  Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment